Each month in By the Book, a new section of the Australian Pro Bono News, we will highlight content from the recently released editions of the Centre’s two books:
In this instalment we feature Chapter 1.13 – Evaluation from the Manual.
Chapter 1.13 addresses the following questions in the context of a law firm pro bono program:
- What is evaluation and why is it important?
- How do I plan an evaluation?
- How do I systematically collect data?
The “further reading” section lists a number of additional resources which can be consulted and Appendix 1 contains two Evaluation precedents:
- a Project Evaluation Template, generously contributed by New Perimeter, DLA Piper’s Global Pro Bono Initiative; and
- a guide to building an evaluation tool.
We look forward to highlighting other key sections of the Manual and What Works in future editions of By the Book.