By the Book: Highlighting content from the new editions of the Manual and What Works
Each month in By the Book, a new section of the Australian Pro Bono News, we will highlight content from the recently released editions of the Centre’s two books:
- The Australian Pro Bono Manual – A practice guide and resource kit for law firms (3rd ed), and
- Pro bono partnerships and models – A practical guide to What Works (2nd ed).
In this instalment we feature Chapter 1.13 – Evaluation from the Manual.
Chapter 1.13 addresses the following questions in the context of a law firm pro bono program:
- What is evaluation and why is it important?
- How do I plan an evaluation?
- How do I systematically collect data?
The “further reading” section lists a number of additional resources which can be consulted and Appendix 1 contains two Evaluation precedents:
- a Project Evaluation Template, generously contributed by New Perimeter, DLA Piper’s Global Pro Bono Initiative; and
- a guide to building an evaluation tool.
We look forward to highlighting other key sections of the Manual and What Works in future editions of By the Book.
STORIES IN THIS ISSUE:
AUSTRALIAN PRO BONO NEWS