Victorian Government announces Access to Justice review
On 22 October 2015 the Victorian Department of Justice & Regulation announced that it would be conducting a review into access to justice in Victoria.
The review is wide ranging and some of the topics addressed in the Terms of Reference include:
- entry points into the legal system;
- options for diverting people from civil litigation;
- availability of ADR;
- the provision and distribution of pro bono legal services;
- availability and distribution of funding amongst legal assistance providers; and
- duplication of services; and
- resourcing Victoria Legal Aid.
Formal submissions are due by 22 February 2016 with the Department expected to report to the Attorney- General in August 2016.
STORIES IN THIS ISSUE:
AUSTRALIAN PRO BONO NEWS